Position: Assistant Manager
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Excellent Customer Service
- Have a lot of fun and be happy!!
- Assisting Store Manager with placing fill-in orders
- Floor sales which includes a thorough knowledge of the products and how they work
- Knowledge of all the vendors: for assistance with customer special orders as well as regular orders
- Understanding of WAO 'philosophies'
- Cleaning, straightening, office organization
- Store Displays and Merchandising
- Marketing- Finding creative ways to increase sales and communicate ideas to Store Manager - special events, postcards, newsletters, working with special interest groups (ie. Hiking groups, running groups, etc.) and so on. Also, including in-store promotions, events, etc. Reading books about promotions and then implementing ideas. Again, different ways to increase sales!
- Covering store if part-time staff are unable - i.e. Jane Doe calls you at 7 PM Thursday that they can’t work on Friday, hopefully they found replacement themselves, but if not, you are responsible for covering.
- Deposits/Banking responsibilities.
- Computer skills, you will be using the following programs: Excel, Word, Quickbooks Point of Sale, b2b (internet ordering program), FaceBook, Icontact, Instagram
- Analyzation of sales reports for marketing, ordering, staffing, etc.
Follow through on orders, defective merchandise, customer special orders, etc.
- Organizing and follow through with invoices, packing slips, bills, other payments.
- Budgets in relation to orders, costs, etc.
- Keeping store well organized and everything running smoothly
This is a physically demanding job and you must be able to lift 40lbs, stand for long periods, stoop, reach, climb ladders, stairs, etc.
Evaluations: To help guide you as well as get your feedback, we will try to meet at least once a year to briefly discuss strengths/weaknesses, store needs/growth, etc.
Hours: This is a 35 - 40 hour/week hourly position
Salary and Benefits:
Beyond being a great place to work, we offer:
- Sales goal bonuses
- $11.00 - $12.00 per hour DOE
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance benefit
- Retirement plan
- Clothing allowance
- Store discount