Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Have a lot of fun and be happy!!
- Floor sales, which include a thorough knowledge of the products and how they work.
- Knowledge of all the vendors: for assistance with customer special orders.
- Fill-in orders for all vendors.
- Understanding of Walkabout 'philosophies'.
- Adhering to store’s non-negotiable standards to keep store well-organized & running smoothly.
- Scheduling of part-time staff - includes hiring, training, motivating, evaluations, counseling of staff.
- Management of staff - empowering your team, leading by example, coaching your team, supervising.
- Store Displays and Merchandising.
- Marketing- Finding creative ways to increase sales - special events, postcards, newsletters, working with special interest groups (ie. Hiking groups, ATC, etc.) and so on. Also, including in-store promotions, events, etc. Reading books about promotions and then implementing ideas. Again, different ways to increase sales!
- Covering store if part-time staff is unable - ie. Jane Doe calls you at 7 PM Thursday that they can’t work on Friday, hopefully they found replacement themselves, but if not, you’ll be responsible for covering.
- Deposits/Banking responsibilities to include writing checks.
- Computer skills, you will be using the following programs: Excel, Word, Point of Sale, b2b (internet ordering programs), FaceBook, Instagram, Constant Contact.
- Analyzation of sales reports for marketing, staffing, etc.
- Follow through on all orders, defective merchandise, transfers, special orders, etc.
- Organizing and follow through with orders, defective merchandise, billing.
- Managing expenses in relation to merchandise orders, supplies, etc.
This is a physically demanding job and you must be able to lift 40lbs, stand for long periods, stoop, reach, climb ladders, stairs, etc.
Salary Range: $28K -$32K
Evaluations: To help guide you as well as get your feedback, we will try to meet at least once a year to briefly discuss strengths/weaknesses, store needs/growth, etc.
Hours: As expected in retail, we are open seven days a week and on most holidays. You will be expected to work two weekends a month and on and around major holidays. We are closed tentatively on New Year’s Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. This is not an hourly job - it’s whatever it takes to do the job well!
What we offer: Fun, Creative Job. You will primarily work on your own “be your own boss.” Schedule Flexibility. Working for a team/family atmosphere. Sales Bonuses. Clothing Allowance. Insurance cost sharing. Simple IRA plan.