Best of AT: Overnight Hikes
The Best of the Appalachian Trail: Overnight Hikes selects the very best overnight hikes of the Appalachian Trail, from each state; Maine to Georgia. When you just have two or three days to hike, this is the perfect primer to get you where you want to be, when you want to be there. Detailed descriptions of the suggested hikes include length and difficulty. In addition, hikes are noted for mountain peaks, scenic views, waterfalls, historic areas, and wheelchair accessibility.
Notable hikes include:
- Maine’s Moxie Bald
- Vermont’s Killington Peak
- Pennsylvania’s Blue Mountain
- Virginia’s Southern Shenandoah
- North Carolina’s Mount Cammerer Loop
- Georgia’s Tray Mountain Wilderness
By Frank and Victoria Logue and Leonard Adkins. Third edition, 2018.