Tick Awareness Week
WHY PREVENTION IS A PRIORITY
- There are 6 known tick-borne illnesses along the AT
- Warmer winters mean ticks are more active more months of the year
- The ticks most likely to transmit diseases are in their tiny nymph stage
- In nymph stage, ticks are barely the size of a small freckle
- CHECK, CHECK, CHECK - Especially during your time outside, not just after
- Treat your clothing with PERMETHERIN by Sawyer - even your pack and the outer floor of your tent
- Ticks crawl upward, so tuck shirt into pants and pants into socks
- Wear lighter colors so ticks are easier to spot
- For your skin: Use repellent with at least 20-30% DEET or PICARDIDIN
- Avoid sitting directly on the ground or logs - a Z seat is perfect for this!
Tick season is upon us make sure to stay protected with Permethrin,
Picardin and Deet.
Learn more in any of our six stores! Chat with our employees or shop bug repellent products. We recommend shopping in store as there is always a greater variety of products compared to online.
Tick Awareness Week is April 7th - 13th in stores.