Our Mission Statement: Encourage Happiness!
We are a small, family-owned business where you are part of the family and not just a number. We take pride in the positive culture and the experience you get with working with us. This position is a fun, creative job with a happy working environment wherein you will work primarily on the sales floor with our great customers.
Retail Assistant Store Manager
HELP LEAD AN ENCOURAGING, CUSTOMER-FOCUSED TEAM!
If you are...
-Organized (you might even color-code your sock drawer...)
-Outgoing & team-oriented (you're a glass half-full kind of person with a can-do attitude)
-Self-motivated (you love knowing what needs to be done and then doing it)
-Fond of the outdoors (you might be outside while you're reading this or wish you were outside)
And would love to...
-Engage customers & provide a top-notch customer-experience (you aim to please)
-Receive and display merchandise (you enjoy making displays functional and visually appealing)
-Increase sales, market events, and engage your community (you enjoy connecting the community with your store)
-Employee discount & Pro-Deals (enjoy great deals on brands we carry in-store!)
-Free clothing allowance (yes, you get free clothes & shoes!)
-Paid holidays & one week paid vacation (enjoy time off!)
-Company-matched retirement plan (we help you prepare for the future!)
Walkabout Outfitter is a small, local, family-owned business that outfits customers from the trail to the tavern!
POSITION: ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Check out what we offer below:
-Substantial sales goal bonuses.
-Company matched retirement plan.
-Health insurance benefits (cost shared).
-Free clothing and shoes. Yep, that’s right we give you a clothing allowance every season!
-One week paid vacation/personal days.
-Get the products you love with a great store discount.
-Vendor discounts to include awesome pro-deals.
-In-house sales contests that encourage happiness and you can win great stuff.
Hours & Salary:
This is an hourly position, 35-40 hours/week, at $17.00 - $20.00/per hour including sales bonuses, dependent on experience. This hourly wage range equates to approximately $35,360.00 - $41,600.00 per year based on a 40-hour week. Most weeks you will work about 40 hours, but it’s whatever it takes to do the job well! As expected in retail, we are open seven days a week. You will be expected to work at least two weekends a month and on and around major holidays. We are closed tentatively on New Year’s Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Communication is key, and we believe feedback is a gift! We provide consistent coaching throughout the year to assist with your growth in the company as well as conduct a thorough 90-day review as well as an annual review to discuss strengths/weaknesses, store needs, goal setting, etc.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
• Meeting sales goals consistently and completing sales goal metrics.
• Excellent customer service.
• Have a lot of fun, be happy and encourage happiness!!
• Having a thorough understanding of being on the retail sales floor & selling techniques, which include a thorough knowledge of the products and how they work.
• Knowledge of all the vendors: for assistance with customer special orders.
• Understanding and practice of Walkabout 'philosophies'.
• Adhering to store’s non-negotiable standards to keep the store well-organized & running smoothly
• Assisting with the management of staff – delegating, communicating, leading by example, motivating, training, etc.
• Covering store if part-time staff is unable - i.e., Jane Doe calls you at 7 PM Thursday that they can’t work on Friday and they were unable to find coverage; you’ll be responsible for covering.
• Maintaining & updating store displays, windows, and merchandised areas.
• Marketing in-store promotions and events within your local community and local partners.
• Finding creative ways to increase sales through special events, merchandising, working with special interest groups & community partners, i.e., hiking groups, ATC, non-profit organizations, etc., reading books or listening to podcasts about promotions and then implementing ideas. Again, different ways to increase sales!
• Banking responsibilities to include weekly deposit, writing checks, submitting packing slips & receipts properly to our bookkeeper.
• Computer skills - you will be using the following programs: Excel, Word, Quickbooks Point of Sale, b2b (internet ordering program), Facebook, iContact, Instagram, Google docs and Outlook email.
• Follow through on all orders, defective merchandise, transfers, special orders, etc.
• Assisting with placing product orders.
• Staying organized, excellent time-management & prioritization skills.
• Following all opening & closing checklists; maintaining a clean sales floor, stockroom, office, and bathroom.
• This is a physically demanding job, and you must be able to lift 40lbs, stand for long periods, stoop, reach, climb ladders, stairs, etc.