Our Mission Statement: Encourage Happiness!
We are a small, family-owned, equal opportunity business where you are part of the family and not just a number. We take pride in the positive culture and the experience you get with working with us. This position is a fun, creative job with a happy working environment wherein you will work primarily on the sales floor with our great customers.
Customer-Focused Retail Superstar
BE A PART OF AN ENCOURAGING, CUSTOMER-FOCUSED TEAM!
If you are...
-Organized (you might even color-code your sock drawer...)
-Outgoing & team-oriented (you're a glass half-full kind of person with a can-do attitude)
-Self-motivated (you love knowing what needs to be done and then doing it)
-Fond of the outdoors (you might be outside while you're reading this or wish you were outside)
And would love to...
-Engage customers & provide a top-notch customer-experience (you aim to please)
-Receive and display merchandise (you enjoy making displays functional and visually appealing)
-Maintain a clean, welcoming environment (you enjoy making a safe space for others)
-Work with Microsoft Office & other web-based applications (you find these to be great tools for keeping things running smoothly)
-Employee discount and Pro-Deals (enjoy great deals on brands we carry in-store!)
-In-house sales contests (win free gear!)
-Sales goal incentives (get store credit if your store hits its monthly goal!)
-Company-matched retirement plan (we help you prepare for the future!)
Walkabout Outfitter is a small, local, family-owned business that outfits customers from the trail to the tavern!
POSITION: full-time SALES ASSOCIATE
Check out what we offer below:
-Get the products you love with a great store discount
-Incredible discounts (prodeals) direct from vendors
-In house sales contests that encourage happiness, and you can win great prizes
-Health insurance benefits (cost shared)
-One week paid vacation/personal days
-Paid holidays. -Competitive hourly wage
-Monthly sales goal incentive (get free gear for hitting sales goals)
-Company matched retirement plan.
This position is paid hourly with a pay range of $15-$17. Pay rate to be determined based on experience. As expected in retail, we are open seven days a week. You will be expected to work at least two weekends a month and on and around major holidays. We are closed tentatively on New Year’s Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Communication is key, and we believe feedback is a gift! We provide consistent coaching throughout the year to assist with your growth in the company as well as conduct a thorough 90-day review to discuss strengths/weaknesses, store needs, goal setting, etc.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
• Meeting sales goals consistently and completing sales goal metrics
• Excellent customer service
• Have a lot of fun, be happy and encourage happiness!!
• Having a thorough understanding of being on the retail sales floor & selling techniques, which include a thorough knowledge of the products and how they work.
• Knowledge of all the vendors: for assistance with customer special orders
• Understanding and practice of Walkabout 'philosophies'
• Adhering to store’s non-negotiable standards to keep the store well-organized & running smoothly
• Maintaining & updating store displays, windows, and merchandised areas
• Computer skills - you will be using the following programs: Excel, Word, Quickbooks Point of Sale, b2b (internet ordering program), Facebook, iContact, Instagram, Google docs and Outlook email
• Follow through on all orders, defective merchandise, transfers, special orders, etc.
• Following all opening & closing checklists; maintaining a clean sales floor, stockroom, office, and bathroom
• This is a physically demanding job, and you must be able to lift 40lbs, stand for long periods, stoop, reach, climb ladders, stairs, etc.