Our Mission Statement: Encourage Happiness!
We are a small, family-owned business where you are part of the family and not just a number. We take pride in the positive culture and the experience you get with working with us. This position is a fun, creative job with a happy working environment wherein you will work primarily on the sales floor with our great customers.
Retail Store Manager - WILLIAMSBURG
LEAD YOUR OWN ENCOURAGING, CUSTOMER-FOCUSED TEAM!
If you are…
-Outgoing & team-oriented (you're a glass half-full kind of person with a can-do attitude)
-Organized (you might even color-code your sock drawer...)
-Motivated (you love knowing what needs to be done and then doing it)
-Comfortable with Microsoft Office & other web-based applications (you find these to be great tools for keeping things running smoothly)
And would love to...
-Manage, encourage, and lead your Retail team (you love to help others succeed)
-Increase sales, market events, and engage your community (you enjoy connecting the community with your store)
-Receive and display merchandise (you enjoy making displays functional and visually appealing)
-Flexible schedule (make your own schedule!)
-Free clothing allowance (yes, you get free clothes & shoes!)
-Employee discount and Pro-Deals (enjoy great deals on brands we carry in-store!)
-Paid holidays and 2 weeks paid vacation/personal days (enjoy time off!)
Walkabout Outfitter is a small, local, family-owned business that outfits customers from the trail to the tavern!
POSITION: STORE MANAGER
Check out what we offer below:
-Substantial monthly sales goal bonuses.
-Company matched retirement plan.
-Health insurance benefits (cost shared).
-Free clothing and shoes. Yep, that’s right we give you a clothing allowance every season!
-Two weeks paid vacation/personal days.
-Get the products you love with a great store discount.
-Incredible discounts (prodeals) direct from vendors.
-In-house sales contests that encourage happiness, and you can win great prizes.
-Competitive salary (see below).
Salary & Hours: $42,000.00 - $56,000.00 including sales bonuses, dependent on experience. Most weeks you will work about 40 hours, but it’s whatever it takes to do the job well! As expected in retail, we are open seven days a week. You will be expected to work at least two weekends a month and on and around major holidays. We are closed tentatively on New Year’s Day, Easter, 4 th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Communication is key, and we believe feedback is a gift! We provide consistent coaching throughout the year to assist with your growth in the company as well as conduct a thorough 90-day review as well as an annual review to discuss strengths/weaknesses, store needs, goal setting, etc.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
• Meeting sales goals consistently and completing sales goal metrics.
• Excellent customer service.
• Have a lot of fun, be happy and encourage happiness!!
• Having a thorough understanding of being on the retail sales floor & selling techniques, which include a thorough knowledge of the products and how they work.
• Knowledge of all the vendors: for assistance with customer special orders.
• Understanding and practice of Walkabout 'philosophies'.
• Adhering to store’s non-negotiable standards to keep the store well-organized & running smoothly.
• Scheduling of part-time staff monthly and submitting payroll semi-monthly.
• Hiring, leading new staff through an initial training program and a continuation of training.
• Management of staff – empowering, communicating, delegating, leading by example, coaching, motivating, evaluating, training, supervising, holding your team accountable, handling any issues that arise.
• Holding & leading monthly staff trainings/meetings.
• Covering store if part-time staff is unable - i.e., Jane Doe calls you at 7 PM Thursday that they can’t work on Friday and they were unable to find coverage; you’ll be responsible for covering.
• Maintaining & updating store displays, windows, and merchandised areas.
• Marketing in-store promotions and events within your local community and local partners.
• Finding creative ways to increase sales through special events, merchandising, working with special interest groups & community partners, i.e., hiking groups, ATC, non-profit organizations, etc., reading books or listening to podcasts about promotions and then implementing ideas. Again, different ways to increase sales!
• Banking responsibilities to include weekly deposit, writing checks, submitting packing slips & receipts properly to our bookkeeper.
• Computer skills - you will be using the following programs: Excel, Word, Quickbooks Point of Sale, b2b (internet ordering program), Facebook, iContact, Instagram, Google docs and Outlook email.
• Analyzing sales reports to increase store sales and to assist with ordering & scheduling.
• Follow through on all orders, defective merchandise, transfers, special orders, etc.
• Placing product orders weekly.
• Managing expenses in relation to merchandise orders, scheduling/payroll, supplies, etc.
• Staying organized, excellent time-management & prioritization skills.
• Following all opening & closing checklists; maintaining a clean sales floor, stockroom, office, and bathroom.
• This is a physically demanding job, and you must be able to lift 40lbs, stand for long periods, stoop, reach, climb ladders, stairs, etc.